2012-2013 Featured Artist Schedule Click here
About the 516 Gallery program:
Arts of the Albemarle coordinates monthly 2-3 artist exhibitions in the front gallery at The Center. Each artist will exhibit an example* of his/her work in the designated 516 Gallery space (or pedestals/window for three-dimensional art) The 516 Gallery will be identified by vinyl signage and promoted in marketing materials including First Friday ArtWalk Receptions, AOA website, Facebook and email e-blasts.
*The number or exhibited work will depend on the number of participating accepted artist.
• A cohesive, professional looking exhibition of the artist’s work in the front retail space at The Center
• An artists’ reception on the First Friday of the month
• Vinyl signage of the artist’s name below your exhibition
• Artist statement featured in a gallery binder available to the public
• Promotional postcards announcing the 516 Gallery monthly exhibitors
• Artist’s name listed on AOA promotional material and email
• A ‘Featured Artist’ listing on AOA website
516 Gallery Artists responsibilities:
• Join AOA as an exhibiting artist
• Volunteer during the month of the artist’s exhibit
• $25 exhibition fee
• The 516 Gallery program is open to all AOA artists working in any medium. Sculptures, Glass and Jewelry artists will be considered separately from two-dimensional artists and are encouraged to apply. Artists who would like to be considered for both 2D and 3D work must submit two separate applications.
Application Deadline Friday, April 26, 2013
How to apply:
To apply send the following materials to AOA by April 26, 2013.
Applicants will be notified of the jury’s results in early June.
o Application form
o $10 application fee
o Artist statement and resume
o 3-5 jpegs of your work (by CD or email)*
* Images submitted must be representative of the type of work you plan to exhibit.